Pandemic —> Recession/Depression —> Psycho-Cultural Shocks —> Myriad Cascades
- An existential ecological crisis, amidst a crisis of sensemaking and meaning, on an overpopulated planet.
- Hypercomplex interconnections among all global human systems: political systems, informational, online and media ecosystems, financial & monetary systems, energy systems, agricultural and food systems, healthcare systems, educational systems, supply chains, political systems, etc. —> Unpredictable vulnerabilities and fragilities.
3 Collective bottom line objectives:
- Avoiding / minimizing dystopian societal breakdown and cultural regression
- Seizing the opportunity for more fundamental healthy systems redesign
- Co-creating a series of survivable transitions from the overheated and unsustainable status quo — that is: A Soft Landing.
United Nations community event graphic based on Ken Wilber’s Integral philosophy for which Terry Patten has been a long term colleague and a co-author with Wilber of Integral Life Practice.
It’s personal: A new human maturity is necessary.
- We are novices arriving at a monastery, purifying ourselves for a whole new life — of renunciation in service (and an awakened and joyful inner life)
- We are consumer addicts arriving at a recovery center, with no therapists or proven protocols, with no alternative to befriending one another, confronting our demons and liberating ourselves and one another to a newly meaningful sober life of contribution
- We are citizens reporting for duty — Our draft notice enlists us in service, working on many levels to “be the change” and to co-create elements of a sustainable life-affirming civilization